I must begin by saying I got the idea for this post from a post on Facebook by Bars to Go. I then used wonderful google to find an article that listed some other uses (other than for drowning your sorrows) for vodka which I have reproduced here with my commentary in italics.
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The Solvent dissolves adhesive. I guess bandage here=bandaid.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a Trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five Minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew. Not sure if vodka is cheaper than bathroom cleaners will have to check.
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs. The LOML will like this one. He is always complaining my glasses are dirty but I can see fine through them and they don’t look dirty when I am looking through them. Maybe he should keep some vodka in his flask he got from China for situations like those.
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting Your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting. I only use disposable razors so I do not know if this one makes sense for me.
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry. I guess this is helpful for when you drink too much vodka and end up throwing up on yourself.
6 Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores. Will try to include this in my non-existent beauty regime.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair. I think I will actually try this one when I get a new bottle of shampoo.
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them. I do not usually have run ins with bees or wasps.
9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes. I am also gonna try this one.
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal t he lid tightly and set in the Sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains. I do not know where I am going to find fresh lavender flowers but if I do I will see if it helps the ‘rents arthritis.
11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment. Now this is a waste of vodka I think. We have rubbing alcohol and bay rum for that.
12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka. No need for me to use this one.
13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting. Hate the ocean so chances of a jellyfish sting are slim to nil.
14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the Urushiol oil from your skin. I wonder if it works for cowitch?
15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain. Have no need to use this yet. I wonder if its advisable after surgery to remove a wisdom tooth?